Friday, August 18, 2023

Parable Of The Rich Fool


About the parable  of  the  rich  fool

Jesus told the parable of the rich fool in order to explain the importance of putting time, money, and energy into things related to God.

In the parable,  a rich man owned land.

His land produced a lot of food one year.

He was elated because he had a huge crop to harvest and store.







The rich man wondered what to do because he did not have enough storage space for his crop.

He finally came up with a really bright idea!

He knew just what to do!

He said to himself, 

‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods."






But the rich man forgot to do something!

The Law said that he was supposed to generously share some of the crops with the poor. 

The command was that the farmers were to leave some of the crops on the trees during harvest time.  

They were not to take all of the food for themselves.

This would allow poor people to get food to eat.

God really cares about the poor, and made sure that there were laws to look after them.

“I am not sharing any,” said the rich man, “I will keep it all for myself. I grew it and so I will keep it all. It is mine, mine, mine!” 




The rich man continued to boast and gloat.

He said to himself:

"I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’




God became angry with the rich man.


He said to him, 

‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’


So the rich man died that night and left everything behind. 

Jesus ended by saying that anyone who hoards all of his wealth and gives none to God is a fool. 

God will become angry with these people and take them away from their riches. 





Parable  of  the  rich  fool meaning. 

We can learn two important lessons in Jesus' parable of the rich fool.

First, God blesses those who invest their possessions in His Kingdom.  The rich man had a lot of possessions and could have blessed the less fortunate. 

However, he cared only about himself. He did not care about the poor or others who needed food to eat. 

God commanded His people to give to the poor in order to deposit gifts into God's invisible bank.

God promised that people who provide for the poor will never be in need:


The one who gives to the poor will not be in need, but one who turns his eyes away will receive many curses - Proverbs 28 27.


Secondly, Jesus wants us to know that the things we have only last for a while.

Therefore, it is best to obey the Word of God. 

Children can ask parents for permission to give away toys and other possessions to bless and help others in need.







Parable Of The Rich Fool Luke 12: 16 - 21


Luk 12:16

And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully,


Luk 12:17

and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’


Luk 12:18

And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.


Luk 2:19

And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’


Luk 12:20

But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’


Luk 12:21

So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”










No comments:

Post a Comment


CLICK THE IMAGE

6-Year-Old Milestones: A Year of Growth and Discovery

Introduction to  6-Year-Old Milestones Six-year-olds are a fascinating mix of childhood innocence and emerging independence. As they continu...